Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Let's begin by saying everyone experienced a rather unorthodox wake-up this morning. I had set my alarm for 9 actually, so I wasn't expecting to be woken up by anyone. Well..I was totally asleep at 5:45 this morning, when I wake up to a commotion. At this point it sounded very far off, and I thought it was coming from outside at first. I could just hear what sounded like a group of guys yelling intensely, "wake up!" coupled with nonsensical shouting, like maybe some group had gotten together knowing the rules of the co-op and were doing this as a prank. Well, not true. I realized it was coming from inside when the door opened and about 10 0r 15 people came running through the aisles of the sleeping porch, still yelling, and banging on pots and pans. Then when this subsides I heard one of them say "breakfast is ready!"

So, our "brother co-op," Beaver house, had prepared breakfast for us, and startled everyone fairly effectively as well. Probably only 15 girls got up and went down. But, being not even 6, I decided to go back to sleep. Breakfast food isn't my cup of tea. There were two viewpoints. Those that were mildly angered and those that thought it was adorable and sweet. I heard they did the same thing to Azalea, except woke everyone up with Frank Sinatra. Interesting.

Today I (accidentally) broke a plate after lunch. Then I had art. Then I had my weekly job to do, cleaning the sleeping porch. So I posted a notice like I'm supposed to, 40 minutes in advance too. Then I started disinfecting the doors and wiping down the air vents. I thought I had to clean inside of them too, but I checked with Michelle anyway. She said it wasn't neccessary. But I felt compelled to clean inside at least one since I had the ladder out. It took me about 10 minutes just to get all the screws unscrewed so I could take the cover off. I was just about finished when someone came in saying she was really tired and basically asked if I had vacuumed yet (and I hadn't), then started borderline complaining about the unnecessity of the task I was finishing up. That was bothersome. But I left so she could rest for a half hour before work (and two other girls came in too, I was getting a tad bit concerned, I had posted the sign). So I came back when she was getting up and the two other girls were asleep. I ended up having to wake them up so I could vacuum. All in all, it took me way longer than it should have. But now I've posted permanent signs and I'm going to be consistent. 3 every Thursday. Hopefully next time will be swifter.

After dinner I had dinner dishes and kitchen cleaning with two other girls, and that took us about an hour. The sanitizer takes a half hour to heat up enough now, so we're going to have to plan in advance and just turn it on before dinner so it'll be ready.

At least tomorrow I'm going home. I don't know what I would do for two days here, once the homework was done there'd be nothing going on. No new roommate yet. I don't have anything fun or neat or not boring to talk about.

So I will get AIM. Becky alone couldn't convince me. It's all about the away messages. And the fact that she laughed at my refund check blunder. Except now I don't know if I should change my screenname or keep it.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you have to sanitize the doorknobs, and other things? i'm all for cleanliness, but isn't that kind of psycho? how gross can a girls' co-op get after only a couple weeks? weeeiird! you should build a time machine.

    alex

     
  • At 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL!!!! I wish that happened here... All we have are random screams for HELP in the middle of the night.

    Cleaning...*shudders* That's where I don't envy you.

    YES!!! GET AIM!!! It's the same thing really, but just a little tackier. I wanna talk with you Merrie... Why are you never on when I'm free? :(

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home