Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A busy day, despite the fact that I only had two classes.
So I got a bit mixed up on the big game work. There are two separate volunteer opportunities (they were both sent under the same email title though). I am signed up for the LaGrande one, but that is strictly a hunter check point thing.

The observation and assistance with captive deer is near campus, it's an internship. That's what I need the resume for, and I did get one typed up. It's not very impressive though. And I started a cover letter..need to have that done by Thursday.

Well today my first class was 12:30. Nice. Intro. to visual arts, which is a lecture class. A few tests and a final consisting of multiple choice. The main assignment is reading. Have to read 60 pages this week, which I suppose isn't bad. Especially if I didn't procrastinate or get side-tracked. Following that I had orientation to fisheries and wildlife (and it's just a once a week class!). There'll be lots of guest speakers about college success, jobs available in this field, and career building stuff. Think I'm getting off too easy this term.

The rest of the day was spent doing homework. Nothing big yet, just lots of little things for every class. And I've been dilligently printing out my geo. textbook. In fact the ink is getting used up rapidly. I ordered four ink cartridges from Dell. Again the order form on the web was getting sassy, claiming that the city/state/zip wasn't compatible. Spent 15 minutes filling out the dang thing too. Very frustrating. I don't particularly enjoy dealing with Dell. So I had to order by phone. There goes another $100 of that refund check. At least I'll have plenty of black ink. This printing of the book really should only take another two cartridges. Hopefully..

Arg, I have to go to two scholarship reception things. "Please wear professional attire." I didn't even bring a skirt with me for gosh sakes. Don't like professional attire.

Friday I am going to journey back to Hood River for the weekend. Homecoming game. I managed to get someone to let me in Sackett Hall. Also found the room in which Jon and Graham live. Figures that no one was there. Borrowed a dry erase pen from room neighbors, wrote a message, and was leaving when Graham, Stephen, and Michael show up. I explained my presence and then Jon got back from somewhere. So I'm going to get a ride with him because his dad is picking him up Friday and taking him back Sunday. I think Graham and Stephen are also going. Thank goodness for parents willing to drive. The game isn't important except a lot of friends are going. But it will be nice going home for a couple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home