Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Today Rachel, Jasmine, and I went to see Garden State. Good movie. I liked how the beginning and end were tied. We also stopped at Goodwill to acquire yellow articles of clothing for swashbuckler. I had to pay $4 for a t shirt, and it has a miniscule hole on one shoulder. And swashbuckler really was not worth it. For one thing it was too long. In addition, about half of it was comprised of mind numbing noise. I guess anything that involves projectile prizes and pep chants isn't popular with me. Our team won, but I just couldn't help thinking, "ok, this really isn't funny anymore."

I still haven't gotten my box of missed supplies! And tomorrow is going to be so busy that I don't know when I will obtain it, if she's even planning on getting it to me. I actually have to get up early again. But I suppose that's a good thing. And I have motivation, this boat cruise should be fun.

The good news is that I am going to be getting nearly $2,000 back from the university because I got excessive scholarship funds..and my work study has been totally cancelled. So nice!
It's hard to believe that classes start monday. I'm not going to pressure myself into working too hard for some stupid GPA though. I vow to never become emotionally involved with a waste-of-time assignment again.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved Garden State. I really thought it showed what it's like to be in your 20s. The "quarter-life" crisis or whatever. Of course, Large was like 27 or something and I've only been in my 20s for a little over two years, but still, I FEEL IT MAN!

    --Alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home