Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Nothing terribly exciting happened today. I did however discover that I do have a textbook and a study guide I need to acquire for mathematics. Hopefully the bookstore has them. Supposedly the study guide can be bought online through the math lab but I couldn't find it. The dreaded subject. I have no idea how I'm going to survive these required math classes.

The second half of the constitution meeting was today, followed by lunch (make your own BLTs and fruit..this food has got to be far superior to the standard dorm food.) After lunch there was an excruciatingly long job instruction session, in groups. So I'm going to have one big job and one not-so-involving job I'll have to complete once a week throughout the term. As long as I don't get "wake-up person," it'll be ok. Well, I don't particularly want to get stuck cleaning the showers or bathroom either!

The next required item was the convocation. It was much too reminiscent of a high school pep assembly. Long speeches, a slideshow, the fight song. I've had enough already. I mean, the speeches were pretty good to be honest. But still, it's getting ridiculous.

I did not know the location of the building in which post convocation welcome was in. Asked one person and gave up. So I headed back. At least I knew how to get back. It's a small step..
Finally called home. Tim is going to have the bear cape done as a shoulder mount. Will get the skull measured as well. Probably will go in Boone and Crockett. He said the teeth are yellow, indicating it was an old bear. Now I vow to actually use that cell phone. Must start carrying it with me and keep the thing on occasionally at least.

Skipped the carnival in the quad and the pj party with other girl co-ops. Got my printer set up. This is rather sad. I feel like I have no exciting new news. No pertinent animal sightings to report on. I've only seen one squirrel, and it wasn't particularly impressive.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok, so this actually is supposed to go to your lat post, but whatever. It's a response to a quote about your cell phone, where you said "I love technology" here:
    I love technology
    but not as much as you you see
    but i still love technology
    always and forever
    always...and...forever

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    -Jodie

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Merrie, you are going to have sightings of a different kind of animal at OSU... It's called the PARTY ANIMAL!!! Hahahahahahahaha. I hope you like that Merrie. I know its not nearly as good as your Titanic Story though. I love that story.

    -You know who! (but incase not, this is Chelsea!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home