Got up about 8 for the field trip to Cape Perpetua. This is the second time I've made the mistake of assuming there'll be milk in the fridge for cereal on weekends. I was looking forward to a hearty Cheerios breakfast and then discovered that there was no milk. And no way was I going to use soy milk. So a hurried Ritz and pb breakfast had to do. We had to wait around for a while for the bus..just a big school bus. I was actually thinking I'd enjoy the ride and scenery more than being there, but after we got out of town and started on that windy coast road I started feeling very unwell. I wasn't even reading either. Not that I felt actually nauseous or anything...can't really describe it I guess. I just wanted to get off the bus. Seeing a couple of harbor seals floating about below the bridge distracted me from how crappy I felt for a few minutes. It took like, an hour and 45 minutes to get there. Once I got off I felt like my legs were going to collapse, it was totally weird. Reminded me of when I went to Fossil in a van for the community ed. trip. I guess I just can't handle extremely winding roads. Maybe dramamine next time..
Once we got going on the trail I felt a lot better. We all had to take notes and write down observations in our "field guides." Saw an immense quantity of lava rocks, spruce trees, and seagulls. Devil's Churn is pretty awesome. So after our 5 stops on the trail we ate lunch and then headed back to the bus. Saw a couple hippies looking to catch a ride to Eugene. Well, they totally looked like they could be from the '70s anyway.
I was fine on the ride back. Don't know what was going on. Perhaps the trip there was the equivalent of going on Thunder Mountain for the first time, first thing in the morning. Got back around 4:30. The rest of the day has been pretty nice. Productive as well. I actually scheduled a homework session on the study porch this evening. I decided that I like the study porch. There was no one else up there, so it's like my own library. Minus the books. Ok, it's a silent space with comfy chairs and tables aplenty.
Once we got going on the trail I felt a lot better. We all had to take notes and write down observations in our "field guides." Saw an immense quantity of lava rocks, spruce trees, and seagulls. Devil's Churn is pretty awesome. So after our 5 stops on the trail we ate lunch and then headed back to the bus. Saw a couple hippies looking to catch a ride to Eugene. Well, they totally looked like they could be from the '70s anyway.
I was fine on the ride back. Don't know what was going on. Perhaps the trip there was the equivalent of going on Thunder Mountain for the first time, first thing in the morning. Got back around 4:30. The rest of the day has been pretty nice. Productive as well. I actually scheduled a homework session on the study porch this evening. I decided that I like the study porch. There was no one else up there, so it's like my own library. Minus the books. Ok, it's a silent space with comfy chairs and tables aplenty.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home