Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Not much noteworthy about classes. But in orientation we had a student give a powerpoint presentation about her three month stay in Namibia interning at the Cheetah Conservation Fund. Amazing very involved work experience. She assisted vets with tissue samples and check ups of cheetahs that'd been caught in cage traps by ranchers, fed orphaned animals (donkey meat!), and also got to see a wide variety of other wildlife, like hyenas and leopards. Sounded awesome. Expensive though..I wonder if I could ever finance something like that. The good thing about her particular internship was she was working within an American organization in actual modern facilities, so it wasn't like bush camping constantly and not being able to communicate, as everyone she worked closely with spoke English.

Afternoon..blah. No fun, not motivated, forced myself to study math again. The only negative aspect of the study porch is its temperature. Being on the top floor with few open windows it gets hot. So about an hour of review and misc. problems, followed by dinner and apprehension before heading out for the test. I had arranged Rachel to pick me up at 7:30 but that didn't exactly work out. I got there pretty early..at this slightly unwelcoming and dark hall. The doors literally clanged shut behind me, no lights on to speak of, finally located the correct room. All of us mathematically challenged people united for a common goal..to get out of there as fast as possible. Well, I must say that was like the easiest math test ever. I was done in about 20 minutes. So being 10 till 7 I called Jasmine to see if she could find Rachel to tell her I needed a ride earlier. She couldn't find her, but got Heather to come pick me up. Seemed to be on the unnecessary side due to masses of people still walking about. But at least while waiting I could hear the sounds of an immaculate sounding marching band in the distance. Some dude came out after me and asked what my opinion of the test was. I said "it was pretty easy." He said everyone probably thought that and we'd all get Cs. Nice, way to be optimistic. Actually..I don't see how I could get a C. It was seriously a piece of cake of a math test. So luckily Jasmine found Rachel before she came to pick me up too.

Nice evening, put off homework which is ok to do at this point, read Becky's blog..yay for the update finally! Sounds like you've gotten to get out and do some neat things lately.

I hope tomorrow is more enthralling.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home