Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, May 27, 2005

It's been a while, and I apologize for my laziness. Becky is a college graduate! Wow. Remarkable. And I missed out on flying across the country for the weekend and seeing the beautiful campus and ceremony and meeting everyone. Tim's thoughts: "your sister is amazing. Don't feel pressured to keep up." Nice Tim. Nice.

Today was uncool - much too warm for my tastes. And I had a chemistry lab! It was miserable. Only about half the people showed up and we were all sluggish and didn't know what we were doing. I really could have skipped it but that just didn't feel right. There is comradery in such hellish activities. Plus it was the last lab..
The passage of time this term has been unfathomably swift. Tomorrow is Friday, next week is dead week. Thank goodness for memorial day weekend - I have a lot of stuff to do that is best left unhindered by class obligations. So our bullfrog study was wrapped up on the twenty-second. An odd day as far as weather - quite variable. And, I finally caught an adult bullfrog! Actually two! The first one weighed about 150 grams, while the last one was fairly magnificent with a partially-digested fish in its throat and a scale reading of 252 grams.

Our group must give a powerpoint presentation on Tuesday. Miaow! Haha..

Anyway, I must manage to produce a scientific report by next Friday at 8:00 am. I will be glad when that is over. Not particularly fun assignments outside of bullfrog gathering. Some people managed to convince our women's studies teacher to have the final next Friday. So that means that my last final will be the following Tuesday, chemistry in the morning (but not at 7:30!). I plan on staying 'till late afternoon Wednesday however, due to business up to that point and subsequently a whole mess of packing that must be completed after. I'm still trying to decide on classes for next term. Shakespeare (the early plays) or Literature of Western Civilization (The Classical World)?

This summer is so going to discipline me. I'm workin.' A lot. And, exciting news...I'm going to see Coldplay in Washington in August! It shall be my first true concert experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home