Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, May 06, 2005

I finally caught a frog last Tuesday. Sure it weighed a mere 7 grams, but it was, nontheless, a bullfrog. My casting is improving gradually. I had hooked a large frog but lost it because I didn't jerk my wrist fast enough or something. And I actually caught two more itty bitty bullfrogs but they fell off and kinda disappeared in the grass. One of my group members had his line snapped (hook and artificial bait consumed) by a monstrous bullfrog which he ended up catching later. It weighed nearly 400 grams and he did find the previous bait and hook in its stomach, as well as the remains of a rodent. Yes, bullfrogs eat mice! Now I'm actually going to have to begin pondering the data and the report, something I don't particularly want to do.

My midterms are over until the twenty-second, when the second chemistry one will happen. Labs have been agonizing but thus far I've minimized chemical spillage. Yesterday we made aspririn. I figured out I pretty much forgot all the basic stuff I learned last term.
I spent a few hours rereading women's studies stuff (when I could have gone to a movie) and it was the most ridiculously easy test ever (prof. doesn't believe in tests).

I have acquired Have You Fed the Fish? by Badly Drawn Boy. Hour of Bewilderbeast is slated for eventual purchase. The Shins are rather addicting right now though.

I did end up going to the wildlife safari, which was rather anti-climactic. . No animal attacks, just some inquisitive emus and ostriches that approached the vehicle. It was rather creepy though, I guess one could consider it a psychological attack. Emu eyes are all velociraptor-like. No trust is established by gazing into them. They avoid direct contact.

Last night Matt and I walked in the rain for a while, and with it being Cinco de Mayo there was an abundance of intoxicated persons prowling the streets. We experienced a very bizarre encounter with such an individual. It is difficult to describe. I think a lot of slugs experienced death by the shoes of alcohol-impaired people last night. We were uninhibited by such toxins and still had difficulty avoiding the mollusks.

Still trying to figure out what to do with myself.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have more fun than I do! T_T

    Very cool pic -- it must have been very fun. And here I am languishing under the weight of exams and final papers. :(

    We must meet up when you get back to HR! ^_^ We can share college freshmen stories. :)

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home