Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, May 15, 2005

It's been a while.

Today was work party, and lucky me, I was assigned to the kitchen (the phrase of work party is "I hope I don't get the kitchen"). Actually it wasn't bad. There were like five other people working on it and there was so much to do that we were all like super efficient. It looks spiffy. I found a dust-encrusted oven mitt under the sanitizer, and scrubbed the heck out of the cupboard beneath the sink. Then we all consumed massive amounts of pizza, fruit, cookies, candy, and gummy sharks.
Earlier I met two members of my field sampling group at the library to discuss our powerpoint. It wasn't exceptionally productive. I'm still fearing this report I must write eventually.

Yesterday I studied chemistry with Melissa at the library. We have our second midterm on Friday. Last night was the formal dance, which I avoided. Matt and I went on a super long walk around campus instead, and then we played Oregon Trail. I also drank out of a cup with a solidified milk ring at the bottom (but it was sanitized!) that I didn't notice until I was almost finished with my glass of ice water...at which point it had broken up and there were large curdled particles floating around the ice. WOW. That was incredibly disturbing. I've just got to convince myself that I didn't actually consume any of it. Oregon Trail, how I love that game. It represents one of the greatest struggles in the history of America and is the most passive computer game I've ever played.

Once back at the house, I decided it was a prime time to do laundry. Thrilling. After several hours of fiddling around with homework and schedule-pondering, I assisted in the cleanup of the dance area.
So I'm starting to think about next year. Ack! Intro. to sociology, an English literature class, and biology. And..I must have one more class but don't know what yet. I still want to get into poetry writing in lieu of philosophy 121. I really don't want to take public speaking.

Tuesday is the last day for data collecting. Rain is predicted once again which is terrible. I really want to obtain some impressive photos of large bullfrogs. Don't know if it will be possible. I finally collected a couple dozen nightcrawlers for bait. I discovered that they are abundant on the sidewalks in the evening rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home