Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey.

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone once again, and the retail frenzy has begun. This year was a bit untraditional, as mum and Tim came down to Laketucky. They got here Tuesday evening, and I made chicken tacos. That was about all we had time to do. After work on Wednesday I took them up to the hot spring on Hart Mountain, and we lucked out as there were no other hot spring-goers. Mum and I enjoyed pumpkin ale as we watched the stars and talked about such things as bats and the speed of light. On Thursday we walked over to Lora's to prepare the turkey and pop it in the oven. Benny and Lora's weimaraner Maddie had fun chasing each other and causing a ruckus. We just kind of hung out and periodically walked over there to check on the turkey. It was a yummy dinner. Just the family, Lora, and Jessa. We played Catchphrase after pie which was...entertaining. Somehow I decided that "nutritive object" was a good substitute for "egg." Pretty hilarious overall. Yesterday we went on an awesome wildlife drive. Took the loop around Lake Abert to the Hogback Road. We saw a bald eagle by the lake, then a pair of coyotes on the Hogback. Once we got over to the Plush-Adel Road, we started seeing deer. We probably saw around 50, including a nice 4x4 buck. On the rocks above Crump Lake I spotted a small group of bighorn sheep, including a mature ram, which was awesome as I'd never seen a full-curl ram before. Unfortunately we only had mum's camera which has a poor zoom, and I had forgotten my binocs (once again!). Oh well. It was cool just to see them.

That is one long paragraph.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Ricki said...

    thanks for taking us around. very relaxing and fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home