Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, October 16, 2003

I haven't posted lately, 'cause I'm lazy.

Today I went to the world forestry center in Portland for the Northwest Earth Institute's 10th annual conference, with earth club advisor Ms. Bard, Michael, and Abby. It was pretty fun. We got there like forty minutes late, so we missed the opening/welcoming thing, but that was ok.

A guy who swam the entire length of the Columbia River (from BC, Canada at its source all the way to the point where it empties into the Pacific) spoke for around an hour. I don't know, did his swim really raise awareness and get things done to improve the water quality? Seems like he just increased his risk of cancer...swam right by the nuclear waste place!

Anyway, the highlight was getting out of school for a day and just the trip to/from was fun. They had these vegetarian breakfast/lunch wraps that were pretty good too.

I think I'll be cleaning the Whitmans' barn this weekend, and doing the hall decorating thing on Sunday. Next week is homecoming, maybe I'll even go to the football game or something! Monday there is a math test covering all aspects of functions. Yuck. Hopefully I'll do ok.

Beckers-congrats again on your semi-finalist status!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home