Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Today was air guitar!

It was quite exciting. The freshmen of course did horribly. The sophomore class however, was absolutely amazing!

The sophs did a Disney theme, which sounds boring, but they made it astoundingly good. The Eagle mascot trying to find a date for homecoming was the unifying theme..they went through Fantasia, with Mickey and the out-of-control mops, Beauty and the Beast, with a fantastic Lumiere costume, Aladdin, the Lion King (I just can't wait to be homecoming king), etc. It was so good. And then they had someone as Pinnochio, and he did the little robot dancing moves to part of the "Mr. Roboto" song, and then there was a sound clip from the movie exclaiming "I'm a real boy!" and the music switched to something danceable and then all these girls gathered around and danced with him. It was so hilarious.

The staff had a fake panel of judges and then they did parodies of typical performances by each class and staff...the judges held up funny signs like smiley or frown faces, 42-14, 10, the best, etc. Of course in their version the staff won. Mr. Tactay was a cheerleader..it was ridiculous. And then Mallon and a two other teachers were blue man group.

The juniors were pretty good. Their theme was musicals...Westside story, Chicago, etc. Abby C. was little orphan Annie. It was good but not exceptional.

Seniors =) were last. Our theme was Back to the Future..Henry B. was the scientist of course, and David M. was Marty. The cowboys (from Crook County) stole our eagle and that was the ongoing theme. There were different skits from different eras. And one from the future..with a strobe light and robots...Samantha, Andrea, and Jodie were awesome! They danced to "She Blinded Me With Science." And then a bunch of boys all danced to the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini song...and they were all in short yellow shorts and tiny strips of cloth for bikinis! At the end all the seniors (including me..) went down on the gym floor with the performers for our little goodbye thingy.

Judging..freshmen, predictably last, juniors 4th, staff 3rd, sophomores 2nd, and seniors, we finally won!!

I actually thought that the sophomores should have gotten first, just 'cause it was so incredible for a sophomore class to be that organized and well presented. It was downright impressive. I think I might have to purchase the video.

I tried to help by bringing our spotlight for part of senior air guitar, and it was a huge freakin' hassle cause it weighs A LOT and when it came right down to it, it acted up and didn't work, so they had to find a different light.

During lunch I designed a shirt to wear while picking up trash with the earth club. Used some fabric markers. Mine has a snag on it with a squirrel in a hole, and it says HRVHS Earth Club then below it "Not Necessarily Hippies. We Care About the Earth."

After school I helped with the FFA float. And here I am. Tomorrow is the parade..after the early release schedule there's an assembly and then the parade and activities in Jackson Park. Like they can really make people go to the assembly. I'm pretty sure that we, the seniors, are going to win homecoming week competition, cause before air guitar we were already in first place.

That's about all I have to write about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home