I had to get up at a decent hour to let Domino out this morning, and when I got back I pretty much worked on my fly labs for quite a while. Nothing too fun.
Really nice weather today. After the second Domino dash and picnic courtesy of the Mt. Hood Deli (delicious vanilla custard bar, although I don't quite understand the name as 2/3 of it was chocolate and the white stuff didn't really taste like vanilla), I decided I needed to pay a visit to the irrigation canal since it was so hot. It's just right for wading at this point, just above the knees and not overpoweringly swift yet. So I decided to meander my way through some of the thicket. I saw a chubby chipmunk and a few quail and then when I stepped into a little clearing there was a cottontail rabbit just sitting there. I didn't have my camera. But I just sat down and watched it, it wasn't really moving or anything, just placidly sitting. I ended up wading back across and running down to the house for the camera, so five minutes later the rabbit was still sitting there. I took a bunch of photos and a movie clip of it hopping off. Well the rabbit chapter was far from over. I followed it, and found it again by a stump, I got ten feet away and it must have decided that my presence was unimportant and non-dangerous. So I watched this wild rabbit roll in the dust like our cats do and then sat down for a while watching it eat flowers and stuff.
I really wanted to believe in Bambi and all the false concepts of that movie..it was ridiculous. The birds were chirping, it was sunny, and this bunny was just hopping about in the thicket with me right there taking photos of it. I've never been able to get that close to a wild rabbit before. I did notice it had some ticks on its head (I know you'll love hearing that Jodie!), which led me to believe that maybe it wasn't in its right mind and/or weak from having a significant portion of its blood being sucked out. Kinda gross. Ticks really tick me off. I had to detach one from Domino yesterday. So I'm going to post a few of these photos on my album.
Went to Scott and Linda's tonight briefly and finally got to eat dinner at 10:30..SNL was pretty funny, especially the Debbie Downer one, everyone was just laughing hysterically at a certain point.
I found the Mundy CD on ebay again..8 cents and I'm going to win this time..
Really nice weather today. After the second Domino dash and picnic courtesy of the Mt. Hood Deli (delicious vanilla custard bar, although I don't quite understand the name as 2/3 of it was chocolate and the white stuff didn't really taste like vanilla), I decided I needed to pay a visit to the irrigation canal since it was so hot. It's just right for wading at this point, just above the knees and not overpoweringly swift yet. So I decided to meander my way through some of the thicket. I saw a chubby chipmunk and a few quail and then when I stepped into a little clearing there was a cottontail rabbit just sitting there. I didn't have my camera. But I just sat down and watched it, it wasn't really moving or anything, just placidly sitting. I ended up wading back across and running down to the house for the camera, so five minutes later the rabbit was still sitting there. I took a bunch of photos and a movie clip of it hopping off. Well the rabbit chapter was far from over. I followed it, and found it again by a stump, I got ten feet away and it must have decided that my presence was unimportant and non-dangerous. So I watched this wild rabbit roll in the dust like our cats do and then sat down for a while watching it eat flowers and stuff.
I really wanted to believe in Bambi and all the false concepts of that movie..it was ridiculous. The birds were chirping, it was sunny, and this bunny was just hopping about in the thicket with me right there taking photos of it. I've never been able to get that close to a wild rabbit before. I did notice it had some ticks on its head (I know you'll love hearing that Jodie!), which led me to believe that maybe it wasn't in its right mind and/or weak from having a significant portion of its blood being sucked out. Kinda gross. Ticks really tick me off. I had to detach one from Domino yesterday. So I'm going to post a few of these photos on my album.
Went to Scott and Linda's tonight briefly and finally got to eat dinner at 10:30..SNL was pretty funny, especially the Debbie Downer one, everyone was just laughing hysterically at a certain point.
I found the Mundy CD on ebay again..8 cents and I'm going to win this time..


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home