Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, July 29, 2004

As a consequence of getting to sleep so darn late I fell back asleep this morning after the alarm and then woke up with 10 minutes 'till arriving-at-work time. I was only five minutes late..
Someone found the most adorable puppy way out in the woods and brought it to the clinic. This puppy is soo cute it's incredible. Now I ask how the heck could anyone abandon a puppy? It looks to be mostly australian shepherd, perhaps with a little of some nordic breed in it. It's like a big fluffy snowball, pure white except for some black and brown face patches extending over the eyes and a bit on the ears, and it has one blue and one brown eye. Then a traumatized pine squirrel with nothing but a stump left for a tail. Victim of a hit and run or a domestic feline no doubt. Don't know if it even made it through the day, but it received an anti-inflammatory shot.

After work I went home for awhile and then to the one day petsitting job for three shelties. Then to the Jacksons' for awhile so Domino could run about with his frisbee and gnaw on my already battered arm.  Anyway after returning I got to watch Finding Nemo, I'd never seen it before and it's pretty good, and they also happened to have a DVD of School House Rock! Conjunction Junction, what's your function?!  Poor little bills that die in committee..

At 7 I went to finalize the new job which starts tomorrow and goes through Wednesday. And now that she knows Joanna knows me and has called Mrs. Jackson, there's some trust established. Now it's ok for me to have friends over there. There's also quite a collection of DVDs as well. I'm very DVD deprived. We only have a VCR that sorta works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home