2004 is slowly but surely drawing to a close. It has been a historical, monumental, groundbreaking, happy, hilarious, obsessive, annoying, sad, awful, wonderful, agonizing, reflective, interspective, critical, boring, awkward, indecisive, disappointing, and eventful year. I turned 18, cursed the superintendant for keeping us in school in hazardous conditions ("them Hood Riverites are mountain people"), saw Phantom Planet at Music Millenium, went to EMP for the second time, wrassled with testosterone-crazed chicks, swept my fears of public speaking aside for NHS secretary for reasons unbenownst even to me, graduated, went to California for the first time and to Disneyland, flew in a plane for the second time in my life, avoided motion illness, only suffered from minor colds, went camping, refused to sing Disney tunes while hiking, avoided running over squirrels, caught a few dozen crayfish..manually, drove around a lot listening to CDs on cassettes, observed a stranded jellyfish, started college, acquired a cell phone, adjusted without going absolutely insane, cut open a few deer, failed a midterm, laughed at mini krackel, studied math a great deal, survived finals, met my sister's boyfriend, just lost at Trivial Pursuit in teams and ate a couple homemade cinnamon rolls, among other things.
Damn peer pressure. Becky has offered me champagne.
Read that again with SNL's "The Continental" in mind.
Today much snow fell. Minimal accumulation but pretty nontheless. Andrew, Becky, and I went to uncle Scott's for a visit. It was nice to actually just sit down and talk with him because we usually end up watching a movie. I gave him another photo CD. We then ventured over to Wal Mart. We saw Mrs. Rowan and talked a while! I picked up stuff. College essentials. It permits me to avoid the outside world if I so choose. Also stopped by grammy's to borrow the monstrous suitcase, for since I have been here I've managed to acquire a substantial number of new clothing articles.
Hmm. One more day. "I'm bound to pack it up"-one of my favorite songs on De Stijl ! Along with "Hello Operator," "Little Bird," and "Why Can't You Be Nicer to Me?" I believe that live DVD would be a good purchase. But first perhaps another CD.
Tomorrow will consist of a crepe party, copying of birth certificate for a scholarship (random, eh?), possibly ordering shoes online, a last walk with Bosun. Aww. Perhaps it will be good to get back into a working routine. My realistic and achievable resolution, created just now to end this in a logical fashion, is to meet people and willingly participate in non-mandatory activities.
Happy 2005 and thanks for reading.
Damn peer pressure. Becky has offered me champagne.
Read that again with SNL's "The Continental" in mind.
Today much snow fell. Minimal accumulation but pretty nontheless. Andrew, Becky, and I went to uncle Scott's for a visit. It was nice to actually just sit down and talk with him because we usually end up watching a movie. I gave him another photo CD. We then ventured over to Wal Mart. We saw Mrs. Rowan and talked a while! I picked up stuff. College essentials. It permits me to avoid the outside world if I so choose. Also stopped by grammy's to borrow the monstrous suitcase, for since I have been here I've managed to acquire a substantial number of new clothing articles.
Hmm. One more day. "I'm bound to pack it up"-one of my favorite songs on De Stijl ! Along with "Hello Operator," "Little Bird," and "Why Can't You Be Nicer to Me?" I believe that live DVD would be a good purchase. But first perhaps another CD.
Tomorrow will consist of a crepe party, copying of birth certificate for a scholarship (random, eh?), possibly ordering shoes online, a last walk with Bosun. Aww. Perhaps it will be good to get back into a working routine. My realistic and achievable resolution, created just now to end this in a logical fashion, is to meet people and willingly participate in non-mandatory activities.
Happy 2005 and thanks for reading.


1 Comments:
At 12:38 AM ,
Anonymous said...
"hello operator" is my very favorite white stripes song! i think de stijl is the best album, followed by their first one, white blood cells, and then elephant, but that's just me. nice game of trivial pursuit, you did get lots of the answers, despite what others may claim. good luck this quarter, things always get better after the first one. :)
~ lindsey
Post a Comment
<< Home