Last night we watched Dodgeball. I highly recommend it.
Another super busy day. Actually it began with a few hours of tedious waiting. I had to get up early (I'm again on a crazy schedule, I get to bed around 2 and have been forced to wake up for one reason or another around 8) to drive Beck to town for a couple more appointments. The first one wasn't bad, I only had to wait a half hour so I just read a few short stories, but the second was a dental exam that took about an hour and a half so I waited in the car. Just listened to new CDs and started another story. We then went hunting for a birthday gift and headed home. In the early afternoon Becky and Andrew and I went to Laurance Lake for a hike. Bitterly cold and windy. But Tim's prediction of three inches of snow proved to be totally false. Not a centimeter. Just mild frost. We took the annoying brimming-with-switch-backs trail that affords majestic views. We did not see anything but a lone grouse. How boring. No mountain lions. I decided that if I'm ever attacked I want anyone that happens to be with me and toting a camera to snap a few pictures before attempting to help me.
After reaching the best lookout point we've stopped at before we turned around, then scouted for pikas real quick at the opposite end of the lake in the rock piles; no luck. It's been such a mild winter I'm wondering if they are even hibernating. I wonder..are pikas able to predict what the winter will be like and adjust the size of their hay piles accordingly? Perhaps they should replace Punxatawny Phil..that lazy marmot..or groundhog. Whatever he is, he's very blubbery.
We hurried back home fifteen to five to get ready for taco night, and got there around 5. Becky met her friends. We stayed for about like, an hour and a half. Then I called Mrs. Jackson to let her know we were on our way and we visited and got mauled by Domino, and Andrew was subjected to a game of table hockey with Murphy.
After several agonizing hours we finally finished our game of trivial pursuit. Apparently none of us know our trivia well. BUT, I got two A&E questions right because of art 101. Good to know where that will come in handy! Becky attempted a bag of microwave popcorn but had it on the wrong setting and didn't leave it in long enough, so she ended up eating a bowl with approximately 70% of the whole bag's butterlicious "butter." We had to make another bag. After about two hours we started breaking all the rules just to get it over with.
We're planning an awesome independent journey to Portland on Wednesday.
Another super busy day. Actually it began with a few hours of tedious waiting. I had to get up early (I'm again on a crazy schedule, I get to bed around 2 and have been forced to wake up for one reason or another around 8) to drive Beck to town for a couple more appointments. The first one wasn't bad, I only had to wait a half hour so I just read a few short stories, but the second was a dental exam that took about an hour and a half so I waited in the car. Just listened to new CDs and started another story. We then went hunting for a birthday gift and headed home. In the early afternoon Becky and Andrew and I went to Laurance Lake for a hike. Bitterly cold and windy. But Tim's prediction of three inches of snow proved to be totally false. Not a centimeter. Just mild frost. We took the annoying brimming-with-switch-backs trail that affords majestic views. We did not see anything but a lone grouse. How boring. No mountain lions. I decided that if I'm ever attacked I want anyone that happens to be with me and toting a camera to snap a few pictures before attempting to help me.
After reaching the best lookout point we've stopped at before we turned around, then scouted for pikas real quick at the opposite end of the lake in the rock piles; no luck. It's been such a mild winter I'm wondering if they are even hibernating. I wonder..are pikas able to predict what the winter will be like and adjust the size of their hay piles accordingly? Perhaps they should replace Punxatawny Phil..that lazy marmot..or groundhog. Whatever he is, he's very blubbery.
We hurried back home fifteen to five to get ready for taco night, and got there around 5. Becky met her friends. We stayed for about like, an hour and a half. Then I called Mrs. Jackson to let her know we were on our way and we visited and got mauled by Domino, and Andrew was subjected to a game of table hockey with Murphy.
After several agonizing hours we finally finished our game of trivial pursuit. Apparently none of us know our trivia well. BUT, I got two A&E questions right because of art 101. Good to know where that will come in handy! Becky attempted a bag of microwave popcorn but had it on the wrong setting and didn't leave it in long enough, so she ended up eating a bowl with approximately 70% of the whole bag's butterlicious "butter." We had to make another bag. After about two hours we started breaking all the rules just to get it over with.
We're planning an awesome independent journey to Portland on Wednesday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home