Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Another average day. I cleaned the bathroom. Fun! There's still no adequate mop. I ignored the battered sponge mop and hand-wrung the rag mop..it sorta worked. Actually it wasn't nearly as annoying as the first time, because I wasn't as excruciatingly thorough. I kill myself by my thoroughness, as evidenced by my overzealous application of bleach yesterday. So I figure it's better to do a slightly less stellar job than to kill myself. For dinner dishes, I had my first grill cleaning experience. That's a horrid task. You've got this charcoal-like brick to scrub with and vinegar, and all this gross grease that has to be cleaned off. It's funny how one little thing like the weekend cooks deciding on breakfast foods can have such a tumultuous consequence for the dinner dish people. I scrubbed it for like a half hour and it still wasn't sparkly silver like it's supposed to be. But I was assured that it was good enough.

Next Sunday I might get a ride to the humane society with a girl who volunteers there. I'd hang out with homeless pets for a while because it might be a good diversion from nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home