Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Another uncharacteristically warm winter day. The sleeping porch did not require a hoodie last night - that's a true first. When I can wear a tee shirt and walk to classes across campus, and avoid shivering, it means it's pretty gosh darn warm out. The usual stuff today, not too much going on. Verbally assaulted by two different students that came into classes today promoting a volunteer opportunity this summer in Australia and a few other places..they must be specially selected for their ridiculously swift speaking skills, it was incredible. Everyone in math was too astonished to react I think, but the guy with an accent speed yelling in chemistry garnered moderate laughter and applause. We received a practice sheet for Friday's test, and it shouldn't be too bad because it's only 20 questions, multiple choice. I'm just worried about the factor-label conversion stuff. Then the food class, not especially intriguing.

I took a walk today, through the backwoods surrounding campus. Just a lot of un-aesthetically pleasing construction, mud, and trash. There is a stream that is probably terribly polluted, but I bet there are still a few muskrats floating around. At first I thought the odiferous air was a result of being near the veterinary science area, but as it turns out the unmistakable scent of bovine manure saturated the entire campus this evening. I went to the FW study group thing so Melissa and I could study chemistry and the smell had penetrated the building - pretty bad. Holsteins are cute but I'd never want to live next to a dairy farm. So the FW group study really isn't effective. There were only about 7 other people there but it gets so loud it's ineffective and impossible to concentrate. But we did get the practice questions done. I actually got the factor-label one too! After a bit of wrasslin' with numbers anyway. At least I can see where one might actually use this math. It's not like little graphs floating in space.

I bought a raffle ticket to support cancer research today. What the heck, maybe I'll win a gift certificate to some restaurant I won't be able to get to or something.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home