Back into the swing o' the school week. That's good. As long as I can keep busy, I can keep myself from worrying about everything too much. Actually if math wasn't in my life right now, I'd freaking be home free..math has had a tendency to f*** everything up. Last term was the only exception.
Well I figured I did well on my first chem. test, which is reassuring. At least I must be doing something right there. That or it's just an easy class..it is introductory level. I have my first food/culture test on Wednesday. And next week there's a guest speaker on insect consumption. I guess like a good portion of the protein consumed worldwide is derived from insects. Spiders have a higher protein content than beef so I hear. I think we get samples. Hopefully not spiders though..that's going too far. I remember eating a chocolate covered cricket in seventh grade, it just tasted like a rice crispy-y chocolate.
I've decided that facebook is downright sketchy. I'm being mildly harassed by a guy who is also in chem. 121, but not even the same class. He seems nice enough, but this doom and gloom crap about no one ever paying attention to him really got to me. Hey dude, I've never even had a boyfriend! I'm not whining to some stranger about it. Plus, he's just totally not my type (how trite does that sound..yet it's completely true) and we have absolutely nothing in common. I mean, if one is even going to be friends with someone common ground is usually a requirement. What really annoyed me most was last night when he IMed me a second time and our conversation quickly turned to nothingness..After a while I said I was signing off and he typed in "*hug*" and goodbye or some such thing. WTF!?
I know that facebook could be my saving grace. Considering I have yet to actually meet/get to know anyone outside the FW department or Reed..sheesh. I need to work on my social skills apparently. There should be a class for that. "Surviving when large social gatherings/family events/sitting in close proximity in lecture rooms are disliked."
Well I figured I did well on my first chem. test, which is reassuring. At least I must be doing something right there. That or it's just an easy class..it is introductory level. I have my first food/culture test on Wednesday. And next week there's a guest speaker on insect consumption. I guess like a good portion of the protein consumed worldwide is derived from insects. Spiders have a higher protein content than beef so I hear. I think we get samples. Hopefully not spiders though..that's going too far. I remember eating a chocolate covered cricket in seventh grade, it just tasted like a rice crispy-y chocolate.
I've decided that facebook is downright sketchy. I'm being mildly harassed by a guy who is also in chem. 121, but not even the same class. He seems nice enough, but this doom and gloom crap about no one ever paying attention to him really got to me. Hey dude, I've never even had a boyfriend! I'm not whining to some stranger about it. Plus, he's just totally not my type (how trite does that sound..yet it's completely true) and we have absolutely nothing in common. I mean, if one is even going to be friends with someone common ground is usually a requirement. What really annoyed me most was last night when he IMed me a second time and our conversation quickly turned to nothingness..After a while I said I was signing off and he typed in "*hug*" and goodbye or some such thing. WTF!?
I know that facebook could be my saving grace. Considering I have yet to actually meet/get to know anyone outside the FW department or Reed..sheesh. I need to work on my social skills apparently. There should be a class for that. "Surviving when large social gatherings/family events/sitting in close proximity in lecture rooms are disliked."


1 Comments:
At 8:35 PM ,
Anonymous said...
dude yeah, thanks much for the krackels. their bigness blows me away. in a delicious sort of way. i still have an idea for a birfday/late xmas/father's day present. i just gotta make it. weeeeoooooo
alex
Post a Comment
<< Home