Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hmm, not much took place today. Math recitation, boring as usual, at least I'm adept at rewriting homework problems. This system has been cemented in my mind as a horrible one. I'm sure all the students loves this quiz system but a) we have plenty of time to complete our homework, and b) we have all the resources we need (calculator, the MLC, our book, class notes) to do so. So yes we are held accountable for homework but there's no need to study or memorize formulas or anything. So, the tests will be a stark contrast to this system..no notes, no calculator, restricted time. I predict it's not going to be pretty. Especially for me.

Chem. recitation..a quiz over stuff we covered a long time ago (yeah, stuff we covered a week or so ago seems real old). At least we're getting a room change. We've been crammed into this tiny little rectangular room. So now we get a spacious room and don't have to bring our books 'cause there's a projector. Nice. Woo...boooring. I wonder if there's a relationship between lack of rad animal sightings and reader satisfaction. Probably. There are only squirrels around here though. Lackluster gray squirrels.

So tomorrow is my first food/culture test. I've studied all I want to. Lots of multiple choice..how tough can it be...?

That's totally the next albatross. It's all like, in its element. But it's not even in its true element..it's in an artificial tank..of water..with people staring at it. That demonstrates unshakable versatility. The composition is nice. You have like a slightly frizzy-haired person in a lower corner, which could represent the superiority of the polar bear..like, we may think we have control, but do we really? Plus its steady gaze demands undivided attention.


1 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yes, i definitely think that the polar bear has the same "fuck off!" look that THE ALBATROSS does. it's beautiful.

    alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home