Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Math, break, chemistry (learnin' all about the mole and Avogadro's number), break, last-minute study, NFM exam 1. I'm pretty sure I managed to get all the multiple choice, T/F, and fill in the blanks correct. My second essay question response was leaning towards the sketchy side though..I only recalled one commonly used spice and its corresponding dish of Sri Lanka. But I honestly don't think we discussed any more than that. I just added that coconuts and tea are grown there, and called it good. Then I added a second (unnecessary) part to my first response, which I checked and is only partially true. Why the heck did I do that?

Well, I half-heartedly submitted my Ag. Science scholarship app. today. I'm so sick of fakey essays! I've just been writing them for the sake of these scholarships and it's total bs. In fact the need to complete such applications has fueled my movement towards where I am now, and I never really gave it much thought. Maybe I should've actually evaluated my situation and waited a year after high school to decide on anything.

Fish and wildlife meeting, about bats. I liked this presentation. It wasn't just on a specific all in-your-face scientific research project..more on general biology and characterisics. Bats have to freaking catch their offspring right after birth! Scary. A guy from the pre-vet club informed us of their guest speaker, a wildlife vet working in Africa, who would be talking at their meeting a half hour from the end of ours. So I decided to go to that too, just for the heck of it. Pouring rain..luckily located the building. I carry a map with me. That was interesting but of course aimed at vet students. Got home, ate, did chemistry homework. Icky. More math basically.

"Reasonableness check" is a good phrase. I think it's milder than "reality check." Surprisingly, I learned this from my math textbook. Along with "approaches it arbitrarily closely."

For super randomness, check out Loretta Lynn's "Portland, Oregon" featuring Jack White on whitestripes.net (under downloads).

Mundy may be coming to the states in March!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home