Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lakeview to Corvallis to Mt. Hood

Wow have I been slacking on updates. I am home, finally, after a longer than expected Corvallis visit. I am officially unemployed, and waiting to hear back from two possible employers, still looking on the job boards as well. I want to go back to Lakeview next field season, but I'm wondering what I can do in the meantime. Because some of the jobs that I'd be interested in would start later and go through the summer field season. Dunno yet. Will have to see.

It feels quite wonderful being lazy and not getting up at 3 AM to go track rabbits in the cold darkness. Great experience, but I was ready for it to end. Last day of work was last Saturday, and I spent Sunday through Thursday nights in Corvallis catching up with friends and becoming mildly infatuated with a certain someone. I met Allie at Interzone and told her the craziness that happened in Lakeview after she left, went to American Dream with Holly, saw much of the ol' fish and wildlife crew, my advisor, and Matt...and I met his girlfriend. Botany major, so points there. Saw a crazy movie at the Darkside - Synechdoche, NY. It's a character study of a play director. Mostly depressing. It was definitely the longest two hour movie I've ever seen. But hey, junior mints.

I am ill. Not surprising since certain someone was. Oh well. It was good times. We watched the entire first season of Flight of the Conchords (HIGHLY recommended). Drank lots of tea, cooked Annie's mac and cheese with cauliflower and curry, ate at the new Indian restaurant on 9th street (also recommended), hung out with Joe - my ol' botany TA - crazy small world, listened to Beyond the Pale.

Spent the majority of my time here at home going through and getting rid of old paperwork, clothes, and random crap I don't want anymore. Integrated the massive amount of stuff I brought home from Lakeview/college into this room. Actually looks fairly presentable, so I'm happy. Need to do more Christmas shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home