Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weekend Adventures

End o' March. Only two more months of the worst job ever! I just seriously gave this thought the other day and fully realized that I am enduring the shittiest job I've ever had to be with Tony. It's worth it though. I just have to find ways to temper my tendency to start squirming in my lab chair staring down at the mostly dirt vacuum samples...it's definitely contributed to my skeptic pool of thought surrounding the minutia of graduate student work in wildlife science.

This last weekend Tony and I went "home" to the valley. We left Thursday after work so I got out of it on Friday. We hiked in the hopes of finding antlers in the east hills friday, to no avail. We took a rainy hike with mum and Benny behind our house on Saturday, and went to both Double Mountain and Full Sail for samplers, followed by dinner at the crazy pepper. Sunday morning we departed for Portland, where we ate at Mother's, then wandered around (unnecessarily, due to my very poor memory of streets). Finally ended up on Burnside where we scored some CDs at Everday Music. I got a copy of God Save the Clientele for the flora and fauna cover, and found the only used copy of the new Shaky Hands CD. Tony found a CD supposedly scratched to uselessness for $1.00 which has turned out to be perfectly playable.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home