An unusual event took place this morning at the clinic: C-section on a pug. I was washing some dishes when I heard the vet say "give Merrie that puppy." So, it's exactly like 101 dalmatians, except it's 6 pugs that were born unnaturally. That scene of Pongo's owner rubbing the puppy in a towel trying to get it to breathe...it's actually accurate. Good job you generally misleading Disney animators, writers, and novel adapters.
The puppies were given oral stimulants to get them breathing and eventually oxygen. So everyone had a puppy and we were all just standing there, rubbing the puppies vigrorously in towels, trying to clear out their mouths and noses. It was rather frightening; the standard tactics to get them to breathe appear extremely aggressive. After a half hour or so three were breathing good and moving about, and one was squeaking. These were placed in a box. The fourth puppy to go in the box was a large one and it was gasping and moving about quite a bit. The other two never responded and about an hour later their hearts were checked and there was no sign of life. So two died, four lived. It was like that "sneeze away from death" I heard about in FFA which I still don't know is true: prompting a lamb to sneeze by sticking a piece of hay in its nostrils may save its life because it clears out its respiratory system.
I watched about the last half of This Is Spinal Tap, the much celebrated movie, this afternoon. It was on Bravo. Well, bravo. I like the comedic documentary style. Like Waiting For Guffman and Best In Show. Lorenzen had wanted to show us that movie but didn't for some reason. I wish I could have seen it from the beginning. I truly enjoyed the cocoon scene. Wait, were those cocoons or what?
Tonight is my last at the housesitting job. I should probably watch another movie.
"They got that big hot air balloon so everything has to revolve around that thing. Stupid hot air balloon."
-Mom, annoyed at the Re-Max commercials.
The puppies were given oral stimulants to get them breathing and eventually oxygen. So everyone had a puppy and we were all just standing there, rubbing the puppies vigrorously in towels, trying to clear out their mouths and noses. It was rather frightening; the standard tactics to get them to breathe appear extremely aggressive. After a half hour or so three were breathing good and moving about, and one was squeaking. These were placed in a box. The fourth puppy to go in the box was a large one and it was gasping and moving about quite a bit. The other two never responded and about an hour later their hearts were checked and there was no sign of life. So two died, four lived. It was like that "sneeze away from death" I heard about in FFA which I still don't know is true: prompting a lamb to sneeze by sticking a piece of hay in its nostrils may save its life because it clears out its respiratory system.
I watched about the last half of This Is Spinal Tap, the much celebrated movie, this afternoon. It was on Bravo. Well, bravo. I like the comedic documentary style. Like Waiting For Guffman and Best In Show. Lorenzen had wanted to show us that movie but didn't for some reason. I wish I could have seen it from the beginning. I truly enjoyed the cocoon scene. Wait, were those cocoons or what?
Tonight is my last at the housesitting job. I should probably watch another movie.
"They got that big hot air balloon so everything has to revolve around that thing. Stupid hot air balloon."
-Mom, annoyed at the Re-Max commercials.


1 Comments:
At 9:49 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I almost want to get an account here just so I wouldn't be anonymous. Almost. But I would never use it so what's the point?
This is Sherry (hello!).
You got to see a pug give birth (albeit unnaturally)! How cool is that!
And I envy your watching of Spinal Tap. :( I would have watched it if I known about it but I almost never go up to the Bravo channel.
Oh, wanna see pics of NYU? They're up here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sherryillk/59746.html
Post a Comment
<< Home