Hmm, another skipped day.
Well I had to do dinner dishes by myself for like a good half hour last night..other people sorta forgot/lost track of time. Then after that was finished I was really feeling unmotivated to sit down and try and concentrate on anything. Nicole informed me of a party at Beaver and I actually wanted to go, just for the novelty. It was a "red light/green light" theme..meaning, if one is single, green should be worn, if one is "taken," red is advised. Ok, kinda ridiculous, but whatever. Even more ridiculous? I had just showered and hadn’t washed my hair, since I only wash it every other day, and it looked lackluster so I washed my hair, just for this social gathering. I have this light green boatneck-esque top..perfect. Then it took me a while to decide on what jeans to wear. A quick summation of how vapidly shallow I can be! Oh well, this was like the first party party for me ever. Got a ride with Nicole, lots of people from Reed were going. Well, Beaver is our "brother co-op." So, it was interesting. A simple rendition of a drinking game was taking place in one room, to the tune of "Roxanne." With every "red light" all in red attire drank, with each "Roxanne," those in green attire drank. Hilarious, I wish I would’ve had a video camera. And it was apparent just how easy it is for underagers to obtain alcohol. In fact, Jasmine and I spent most of the time talking with people next to the alcoholic surplus table. Assume all you want but alcohol doesn’t tempt me in the least bit. In fact I could see myself easily living totally alcohol-less, for the rest of my life. Martinelli’s is fine with me. I did admire the downstairs decor, it reminded me of home..lots of road signs, including a deer-crossing one. It’s not difficult to imagine how those signs were obtained. After about an hour of crowded-in noisiness, staggering, awkwardness, and references to puke bags, Jasmine and I decided to head for home. We walked, it’s really not too far, but it was raining and windy. Didn’t particularly want to just call it a night so we watched Sweet Home Alabama. Random, eh? Yeah..well, Friday night should be spent involved in anything other than homework once in a while.
Today I slept in. Now I had only stayed up until about 2, and got a good eight hours of sleep, and still felt sluggish. It really makes me wonder how people feel the next day after drinking and "socializing" through the early morning hours. Explored interactive math for a while...I’m still trying to figure out domain and range..(how is this going to come in handy down the road?..the road apart from the "shitty required-for-math class" one?). Jasmine and I walked to Subway and then to Safeway where I obtained Nature Valley variety packs of granola bars, and then at seven watched Under Blackpool Lights...wow. They are performance artists! Most highly recommended. No one came though, sadly. Perhaps the few people that would be interested were not here. Lots of people go home on weekends. Anyway, it should be fun sharing that one with dad sometime. Oh, I received Office Space from Sherry today..thanks to Sherry! I now have three DVDs. Woo. Running out of anything to say..tomorrow it looks like I’m getting some math help from the (math majoring) individual that harasses me via IM. Hey, I guess I cannot turn down something that might be beneficial.
Well I had to do dinner dishes by myself for like a good half hour last night..other people sorta forgot/lost track of time. Then after that was finished I was really feeling unmotivated to sit down and try and concentrate on anything. Nicole informed me of a party at Beaver and I actually wanted to go, just for the novelty. It was a "red light/green light" theme..meaning, if one is single, green should be worn, if one is "taken," red is advised. Ok, kinda ridiculous, but whatever. Even more ridiculous? I had just showered and hadn’t washed my hair, since I only wash it every other day, and it looked lackluster so I washed my hair, just for this social gathering. I have this light green boatneck-esque top..perfect. Then it took me a while to decide on what jeans to wear. A quick summation of how vapidly shallow I can be! Oh well, this was like the first party party for me ever. Got a ride with Nicole, lots of people from Reed were going. Well, Beaver is our "brother co-op." So, it was interesting. A simple rendition of a drinking game was taking place in one room, to the tune of "Roxanne." With every "red light" all in red attire drank, with each "Roxanne," those in green attire drank. Hilarious, I wish I would’ve had a video camera. And it was apparent just how easy it is for underagers to obtain alcohol. In fact, Jasmine and I spent most of the time talking with people next to the alcoholic surplus table. Assume all you want but alcohol doesn’t tempt me in the least bit. In fact I could see myself easily living totally alcohol-less, for the rest of my life. Martinelli’s is fine with me. I did admire the downstairs decor, it reminded me of home..lots of road signs, including a deer-crossing one. It’s not difficult to imagine how those signs were obtained. After about an hour of crowded-in noisiness, staggering, awkwardness, and references to puke bags, Jasmine and I decided to head for home. We walked, it’s really not too far, but it was raining and windy. Didn’t particularly want to just call it a night so we watched Sweet Home Alabama. Random, eh? Yeah..well, Friday night should be spent involved in anything other than homework once in a while.
Today I slept in. Now I had only stayed up until about 2, and got a good eight hours of sleep, and still felt sluggish. It really makes me wonder how people feel the next day after drinking and "socializing" through the early morning hours. Explored interactive math for a while...I’m still trying to figure out domain and range..(how is this going to come in handy down the road?..the road apart from the "shitty required-for-math class" one?). Jasmine and I walked to Subway and then to Safeway where I obtained Nature Valley variety packs of granola bars, and then at seven watched Under Blackpool Lights...wow. They are performance artists! Most highly recommended. No one came though, sadly. Perhaps the few people that would be interested were not here. Lots of people go home on weekends. Anyway, it should be fun sharing that one with dad sometime. Oh, I received Office Space from Sherry today..thanks to Sherry! I now have three DVDs. Woo. Running out of anything to say..tomorrow it looks like I’m getting some math help from the (math majoring) individual that harasses me via IM. Hey, I guess I cannot turn down something that might be beneficial.


1 Comments:
At 9:12 PM ,
Becky said...
hey mer! long time no type. anywho, what would you change your major to?? I like the wildlife bio, it has a nice ring to it. seems so, you.
so I just thought I'd give you food recommendations since I saw you got granola bars (and I don't like granola bars, so I saw boo to that!) here is my current list of must-have foods:
chocolate chocolate cookies
string cheese (if you've got access to a fridge)
oranges
rosemary and olive oil triscuits
sunflower seeds (preferably dry roasted. be careful, planters contains MSG. sell outs!)
I figure if you eat an orange, triscuits, some seeds, and a thing of string cheese, you're probably covering all your nutritional bases. if you skip a meal or something, ya know?
ok, that was random. signing off now --
Post a Comment
<< Home