Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, January 03, 2005

Really don't want to go into an extensive update right now, so here are the key points of today:

Math: Huge class, squished but comfortable seating, tiny writing space (no binder for that class, just won't work), no calculators on quizzes or exams. Nice enough prof. But it's seriously stressin' me.

Chem: Wandered in confusion for several minutes trying to locate lecture hall. Cool prof, huge class, hopefully the homework load will be reasonable/comprehensible.

Food in non-western culture: Started out with a math teacher that didn't know his way around. Should be interesting. Again, monstrous class. Guest speakers every Friday which should spice things up a bit.

This evening: Annoying. Job pick lasted for two freaking hours. At least I didn't get stuck with icky jobs. We all have to do extra work this term due to low population. Fridays I'll be dinner waitress, will do dinner dishes and dish put away! Crazy. I'm going to be spending approx. three hours each Friday in the kitchen. Oh well. I wanted something at the end of the week so it wouldn't be like rushing to get homework done and such.

Misc.: Spent about $350 on textbooks.

About the only positive thing of lately is no recitations for either math or chem. this week. So tomorrow I just have the film studies class and plenty of time to dive into homework, same with Thursday. Thanks for small favors. I'm not feeling overly confident right now. Actually not feeling confident at all right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    fanks for the temperate comment on the mcg dude.

    alex

     
  • At 1:04 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    Mer you can totally do it. Large class = lots of dumb people that you'll do better than on the tests. Go you!! =) Love, your ever-faithful sister, Beckers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home