Well, I'm back. Tomorrow I have math, chemistry, and food in non-western culture. I'm going to hit the alfalfa so early tonight - it's back to the old boring schedule. Considering I was going to bed around 2 and getting up at 10, and now it'll be 11 to 8, it's going to be quite the change.
We left around 10 I believe, and looked at waterfalls along a miniscule portion of the scenic route. Also stopped at the outlet stores looking for the shoes I want that no one carried. We ended up going to a Fred Meyer in NE Portland. They had the right style and the wrong colors. But I did manage to get an invert-resistant umbrella. The jelly brellies aren't very large and have super short handles so I'd be paying $15 for the handle niftiness alone. I drove from there to here. Good weather. But leaving PD's snow was sad. We had an adequate quantity to thoroughly cover the dismal brown mud and leafless trees but not quite enought to make driving sketchy; it was perfect.
Once we got here it was very much a group effort. Andrew assembled my desk chair, which I am loving (definitely beats the folding one), mom was kind enough to unpack for me while Becky assisted me with the task of changing sheets and adding that sleeping bag to my bunk. It certainly challenges my weak arm muscles having to lift the mattress to tuck. Now I should be more than warm enough at night! I've got three blankets, one of them is wool, a heavy duty sleeping bag converted to blanket, and my down comforter. No more shivering! Hopefully.
We walked to the bookstore because I forgot it wasn't open but atleast Becky and Andrew got to see some of the campus. Tomorrow I must purchase textbooks.
They all left and it was sad and then Becky ran back up to give me a bag of baby carrots, celery, and a radish mom wanted me to have. Very mom. And then she had to run up here again to give me the umbrella which I forgot in the car! But I just discovered I left my orbit bubblemint in that bag too, darn. I settled down thinking that was the end of it and I could convince myself that they were gone and I needed to be not sad when I heard honking. I opened the window and they were yelling at me so I'd see a basset that was being walked down the sidewalk. Sheesh.
Hmm, I hope math isn't terrible. I hope chemistry is survivable. I also hope that the food class is mildly interesting.
We left around 10 I believe, and looked at waterfalls along a miniscule portion of the scenic route. Also stopped at the outlet stores looking for the shoes I want that no one carried. We ended up going to a Fred Meyer in NE Portland. They had the right style and the wrong colors. But I did manage to get an invert-resistant umbrella. The jelly brellies aren't very large and have super short handles so I'd be paying $15 for the handle niftiness alone. I drove from there to here. Good weather. But leaving PD's snow was sad. We had an adequate quantity to thoroughly cover the dismal brown mud and leafless trees but not quite enought to make driving sketchy; it was perfect.
Once we got here it was very much a group effort. Andrew assembled my desk chair, which I am loving (definitely beats the folding one), mom was kind enough to unpack for me while Becky assisted me with the task of changing sheets and adding that sleeping bag to my bunk. It certainly challenges my weak arm muscles having to lift the mattress to tuck. Now I should be more than warm enough at night! I've got three blankets, one of them is wool, a heavy duty sleeping bag converted to blanket, and my down comforter. No more shivering! Hopefully.
We walked to the bookstore because I forgot it wasn't open but atleast Becky and Andrew got to see some of the campus. Tomorrow I must purchase textbooks.
They all left and it was sad and then Becky ran back up to give me a bag of baby carrots, celery, and a radish mom wanted me to have. Very mom. And then she had to run up here again to give me the umbrella which I forgot in the car! But I just discovered I left my orbit bubblemint in that bag too, darn. I settled down thinking that was the end of it and I could convince myself that they were gone and I needed to be not sad when I heard honking. I opened the window and they were yelling at me so I'd see a basset that was being walked down the sidewalk. Sheesh.
Hmm, I hope math isn't terrible. I hope chemistry is survivable. I also hope that the food class is mildly interesting.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home