Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Another nondescript day. So that obese grumpy groundhog saw his shadow, or so I heard. Chemistry prof. suggested genetically engineering one without eyes. Then Jasmine said they could just be poked out. I suggested a mere blindfold. We don't have to get all drastic with that rodent. It's not worth it. Heck, just abolish the groundhog tradition completely. Where did it come from? US holidays and traditions are so messed up. For one, we don't really know what to believe in, so all these fragments of various influences are just pooled. Somehow we came up with a groundhog to predict the future of our seasons. I would love to know just what fragments were thrown together for that one. You know..actually we don't even know if the groundhog truly sees its shadow, now do we? We assume it sees its shadow if there's a shadow there for us to see. Interesting.

I saw the back entrance to math classroom culture today. Not too amazing. We're still going a million miles a minute or so it seems. Combining functions seemed so dang easy..and then they've got to throw in domain. Oh, how I love the intangibleness of pushing numbers and symbols around on paper! It's so fun plotting points! Chemistry..more math. But again, it's more realistic than plain math. We had a guest speaker in the food/culture class from Malawi. Maize is a staple food of Malawi. But it's got to be white maize. Not yellow.

In the aft'noon I walked. It was a total power walk. I don't know why but I feel compelled to move as swiftly as I possibly can without breaking into a jog even with no set destination.

I think it's safe to say I'm not alone when I say I'm alone.

Oh, I almost uninstalled weatherbug. Then a window popped up declaring "weatherbug can save your life! Please don't trash weatherbug! Give me a chance! (swaying ladybug with weather symbols in lieu of spots waving "stop" sign) I can save your life!"
I got a bit sentimental with that one, so I just changed my preferences so it doesn't chirp constantly when there'e a dense fog advisory.


2 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    a million miles a minute seems fast, but it's not even as fast at the speed of light. chew on that one. i would recommend uninstalling weatherbug because it puts spyware on your computer. nothing harmful, just annoying. there's another program just like it out there that's good, but i forgot what it is.

    alex

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You need to get rid of Weatherbug. It's full of spyware. And it's a nasty little thing that you need to run like Adware on before you can fully get rid of it off your computer. It like burrows into your system and is hell to get rid off.

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home