Well, I did ok in math recitation..again, I got stuck with two people at a similar level of unknowledgability for the lab. Like, this is wonderful, all three of us are at the same low level of comprehension. But luckily it was fairly straight-forward so I just basically did it by myself and got through it in the allotted amount of time. As predicted, the quiz was over a story problem. I was so gloating in the fact that I anticipated that. Hopefully story problem homework quizzes will be few and far between. I had a nice little chat with the math instructor yesterday. There will be no such "word problems" on the test. Interesting how one might spend half an hour trying to figure out one stupid unassociated problem..that has nothing to do with anything we truly need to know.
Chem. recitation was going well. Like I totally understand empirical and molecular formulas. So I had the process right on the quiz, but then talking with Jasmine on the way back was a devastation. I forgot to convert from atomic mass units to grams..damn! Oh well, I was able to talk myself out of worrying about that. It's just one li'l' homework quiz for goodness sakes.
Sometime between three and four I realized that I really have become unconcerned about and disassociated from other people. Like friends. Not good. It's like I'm completely indifferent. It's real easy to not work on relationships outside of those formed for purposes of necessity. It's also easy to unintentionally unestablish previously established friendships. Very similar to what happens to our milk supply toward/s(?) the end of the week here. Slowly but surely the choice 2% is consumed, then the 1% is gone, and we're left with remnants of whole and a whole bunch of skim. Sorta.
Well, the afternoon was predictable anyway
I really hadn't decided on whether I wanted to do this humane society orientation. At the last minute I located a person to take me there and a person to pick me up. So I got a map. I'm terrible with maps..directions in general really. But I got there. So the next dog care training session is the last Saturday of the month. It may take a while to get involved, and then I don't know if I'll even be able to since I'm dependent upon this pre-vet student for rides, and I don't know if she's going to be doing this through the term and/or year. But I know I could at least find a ride to the training, so my options would be open.
Then I got into the ol' mathematics. But I worked with a girl who I found out is actually in the same class, and that made it better. With a smidge of help from the answer key on one application problem, we were able to figure out some similar ones. Woopdedoo. Also some execs were distributing dixie cup-style ice cream. The traditional orange cream as well as strawberry and chocolate. Chocolate was too tempting..actually it was primarily vanilla, with fudge ribbons.
"As far as science can determine, muskrats have no special way of celebrating birthdays."
"I say no to the muskrat way."
(From the best b-day card ever, from Beckers)
Chem. recitation was going well. Like I totally understand empirical and molecular formulas. So I had the process right on the quiz, but then talking with Jasmine on the way back was a devastation. I forgot to convert from atomic mass units to grams..damn! Oh well, I was able to talk myself out of worrying about that. It's just one li'l' homework quiz for goodness sakes.
Sometime between three and four I realized that I really have become unconcerned about and disassociated from other people. Like friends. Not good. It's like I'm completely indifferent. It's real easy to not work on relationships outside of those formed for purposes of necessity. It's also easy to unintentionally unestablish previously established friendships. Very similar to what happens to our milk supply toward/s(?) the end of the week here. Slowly but surely the choice 2% is consumed, then the 1% is gone, and we're left with remnants of whole and a whole bunch of skim. Sorta.
Well, the afternoon was predictable anyway
I really hadn't decided on whether I wanted to do this humane society orientation. At the last minute I located a person to take me there and a person to pick me up. So I got a map. I'm terrible with maps..directions in general really. But I got there. So the next dog care training session is the last Saturday of the month. It may take a while to get involved, and then I don't know if I'll even be able to since I'm dependent upon this pre-vet student for rides, and I don't know if she's going to be doing this through the term and/or year. But I know I could at least find a ride to the training, so my options would be open.
Then I got into the ol' mathematics. But I worked with a girl who I found out is actually in the same class, and that made it better. With a smidge of help from the answer key on one application problem, we were able to figure out some similar ones. Woopdedoo. Also some execs were distributing dixie cup-style ice cream. The traditional orange cream as well as strawberry and chocolate. Chocolate was too tempting..actually it was primarily vanilla, with fudge ribbons.
"As far as science can determine, muskrats have no special way of celebrating birthdays."
"I say no to the muskrat way."
(From the best b-day card ever, from Beckers)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home